Peach Trees

All My Peaches Have Fallen Off My Tree

Charles reed added on May 4, 2014 | Answered

My tree is on its 2nd year. It had maybe a100 peaches, but all the peaches have fallen off. I use a tree ivy system with a bucket that waters the roots directly and I also used some tree spike fruit fertilizer. Instead of putting the spike in the ground as directed, I put them in the buckets and the fertilizer goes straight to the roots. Could this have caused my fruit to fall off?

No, fertilizing didn't cause fruit to fall. This article will give you some new insights: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/peach/peach-tree-fruit-drop.htm
Yours is a very young tree. To the tree's way of thinking, it's just not ready to handle all that fruit. It needs to spend its energy on growing roots, so that it can support fruit in a few more seasons. By the way, fertilizer spikes are not very popular with experienced gardners, although you had the right idea to dissolve them in water first. Use fertilizer as described in the article.

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees