African Violets

African Violet Plant Root Growing Out of Soil

I have an African violet plant that is about 10 years old. It bloomed regularly for about 8 years. It was getting too large for the pot, I thought. So I replanted it into a larger pot. It never bloomed again. The root of it started coming out of the soil, and I would put more soil over it. This did not help, as it continues to grow, and is about 3 inches or more out of the soil. I tried to bend it back into the soil, but I am afraid I will break the root. What do I do, and why is it like this now? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Your African Violet is likely stretching and becoming leggy due to light conditions.

Here is an excellent article that will help with care requirements.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/african-violet/african-violet-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about African Violets