African Violets

African Violet Flowers That Are Dying

Denisr added on June 26, 2014 | Answered

My flowers themselves are dried out look like they are dead. What should I do about them? Do I break them off or what?

JMCamann

Yes remove the dead flowers carefully. If they do not come off easily they are not ready to be deadheaded. I feed my african violet every time I water it. I have a wonderful container that actually leaches up the water from the bottom dish. There are two dishes. One that holds the african violet and one that hold the water. The plant takes what water and food mixture it needs so no worries about over watering or getting the leaves wet. Just remember (if you are lucky enough to find a pot like this, mine was a gift and I cannot find another) to water it!! My plant blooms nearly all the time. Sometimes it goes dormant for a bit and then suddenly starts to flower again. Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

00
Here are more questions about African Violets