Rubber Tree Plants

About Propagating a Few Rubber Plants

lechondelicio added on August 23, 2011 | Answered

About several hours ago, I surfed your website and there is a page describing how to get a few rubber plants from cuttings. Now the pages are no more there. Questions, you mentioned root hormones. Is there a brand that you can give me? Is it in powder form or liquid form? From the description, I guess it is in powder form but the first method using the word "dip" suggests it is a solution. Can you please enlighten me on this? Also, what is sphagnum moss? Thanks. Cheers, Clem

Here is the article you were looking for:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/rubber-tree/propagation-rubber-tree-plant.htm

We can't recommend a certain brand, mainly because available products change depending on where you are. But, rooting hormone should be available at any hardware or plant nursery near you. It is mostly sold as a powder but sometimes you can find it as a liquid.

Sphagnum moss is a type of growing medium. Most potting mixes that you buy have a significant amount of it in them. It is better draining than garden soil but does not dry out like garden soil, and so is better for rooting cuttings.

00
Here are more questions about Rubber Tree Plants