Aluminum Plants

About Aluminum Plant

Shahin added on March 25, 2015 | Answered

I'm from Bangladesh. Last week I bought one Aluminum Plant. My plant is losing its leaves and becoming weak. This is the first time I'm dealing with this plant. As this is not our native plant, I don't know much about this plant and plant sellers here couldn't give good suggestions about caring for this plant. Here we use dried cow dung as natural fertilizer. We mix cow dung with soil to make good potting soil. I planted my plant in a pot. 1) How much sunlight does this plant need? 2) How much watering does this plant need? Please advise me on what to do. I have more questions about plants and I will ask for your kind advice in the future. Thanking you, Shahin.

How much cow manure did you add to the pot (what percentage is soil, what percentage is cow manure)? Was your cow manure well-aged? Ideally, cow manure should be composted before it is used on plants. Here is an article that will explain that process.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting/manures/cow-manure-compost.htm

Aluminum plants grow best in moist, well-drained loamy soil. Loamy soil has a combination of sand, silt and clay. Judging by the photo you provided, it looks like maybe your plant has been over-watered and that perhaps the soil is not very well-draining.

For sunlight and watering guidelines, please visit the following link:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/aluminum-plant/growing-aluminum-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Aluminum Plants