Abelia Plants

Abelia Floribunda

Trishadee added on March 1, 2018 | Answered

Q; How do I prune this lovely shrub which my late mother trained to resemble a small arching fruit tree. It has a single trunk and is about 5 feet in height and resembles a small weeping willow tree when in flower. The flowering branches are heavy with beautiful Magenta trumpet like flowers and is a big attraction for bees. It's planted in a postage size North facing garden. I have never sprayed it with insecticide [it has no pests] and I've just trimmed the dead branches each year and mulched and fed it. I've taken 5 cuttings from the mother shrub over the years and have grown them true to the shrub appearance...they too are laden with flowers all summer long. Can you advise me...How do I prune this shrub/tree?

Sure! This article will tell you everything that you need to know: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/abelia/cutting-back-abelia-plants.htmh

00
Here are more questions about Abelia Plants