Norfolk Island Pine Trees

Norfolk Pine Tree

carmelbargen added on January 28, 2016 | Answered

The tree is big, at least 20 m high. It is in our garden and we are worried about it falling if it is sick. The tree suffered a lot of damage in the cyclone we lived through this time last year (We are in Rockhampton, Queensland). It lost quite a few branches and my husband thinks it used to be straight - it now has a slight lean. The lower branches have been dying and we have been cutting them off. It also has a large round 'knot' on its trunk. What we need to know is: is it dangerous? Should we get it removed? It would be catastrophic if it fell. Many thanks in anticipation of your help. I can take a photo and send it to you.

I would have a certified Arborist inspect the tree to determine if the leaning tree is safe or if it should be removed.

00
Here are more questions about Norfolk Island Pine Trees