Poinsettia Plants

8 Yr Old Poinsettia

Kmwillis added on September 4, 2017 | Answered

Like the subject line days, I've had my poinsettia for 8 years. It's about 4 feet tall. I trim it back every year so it doesnt get any taller. It makes a beautiful red tree for Christmas. But lately it's looking like it's dying. It's in a big pot with room to grow. I fertilize it every year after the blooming season. I cant figure out whats wrong with it. I appreciate any advice you can give me. Everything I research doesn't mention an 8 yr old plant. I'm sorry, but I can't upload a picture. My phone has been acting up. Thank you in advance for your help.

You may try repotting it! give it fresh soil and sut off about 3 inches of the bottom of the roots. Spread the rest out and repot with a mix of fresh soil and dolomitic lime (I use agri-pel, it is about 5 dollars for a 40 lb bag here in Tennessee... use a small handful per gallon of soil.) This plant, in tropical environments, is a perennial. It sounds like you are doing well with it... But things get rootbound after awhile. Just do that and you should see a dramatic comeback. Thank You and Let me know if you have anymore questions... either here, or my email 6.schuster@gmail.com

00
Here are more questions about Poinsettia Plants