Plant Recommendations

Gravesite Plantings

syrrjc added on April 25, 2012 | Answered

My father is buried in a cemetery about 3 hours from me, which has perpetual care. This takes care of the grass areas but not the plantings in the urns. What plants do best in urns with full sun and require minimal care since I can't get there very often? Also, I have a similar gravesite that is partial shade. Thanks.

This article has a list of plants that will do well in full sun and most are drought tolerant as well. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/fgen/full-sun-plants.htm

Personally, I would look at sedums, sempervivums and other succulents. They look very nice in containers, there are many different sizes, shapes and colors and they can take a lot of abuse (drought, heat, cold, damage) and still look very nice. They do best in full sun, but should perform well in partial shade too.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations