Gardening Know How Questions & Answers - https://questions.gardeningknowhow.com

Rhododendrons

Are rhododendrons poisonous to pets and children?


1 Comment (Open | Close)

1 Comment To "Rhododendrons"

#1 Comment By Nikki On 04/16/2011 @ 11:06 am

Although it has a low toxicity, it is best to treat all Rhododendrons as poisonous and keep out of reach of children and pets. Rhododendrons are toxic to many domestic animals, including dogs. Do not to allow your dog to remain unsupervised around these plants. They have potentially toxic leaves and flowers and even the honey from their flowers can be poisonous. While human fatalities from eating these plants are rare, victims who consume a lot suffer from nausea, vomiting, abdominal upset, and low blood pressure.


Article printed from Gardening Know How Questions & Answers: https://questions.gardeningknowhow.com

URL to article: https://questions.gardeningknowhow.com/rhododendrens/

Have any questions about this topic? Visit us at http://questions.gardeningknowhow.com to ask your questions and get friendly answers from gardening experts.

You can also find us at:
'Like' us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gardeningknowhow
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gardenknowhow - @gardenknowhow
Follow us on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gardenknowhow/

Copyright © 2013 Gardening Know How Questions & Answers. All rights reserved.