Zucchini Plants

Zucchini Problem

I have healthy zucchini plants with flowering stems. I have seen bees pollinating them. The zucchini seems to be stunted. They have stayed at about 3 inches and are not getting any bigger. I just sprayed them with Miracle Gro a few days ago to see if that would help, but as of this morning they are about the same size. What do you think the problem could be?

Cathy

A lot of the problem is the extremely hot weather we've been having lately. You have flowers and pollinators. Keep them well watered and they should do fine. Zucchini do not require a great deal of extra fertilization. If you want to encourage bees and other pollinators, you might want to consider going to a non chemical fertilizer or use compost. Compost is better for you, your plants and your soil, encouraging the growth of microorganisms and worms, which will make your soil richer.

00
Here are more questions about Zucchini Plants