Zucchini Plants

Zucchini Thriving

Bronwyn added on November 12, 2017 | Answered

Hello again Attached herewith you can see how huge the zucchini have grown. I’d guess they’re about 50cm in length and about 40cm in diameter. There’s another tiny one with the flower still attached. Do you think they’ll still be nutritious and tasty if they’re allowed to become that enormous? My tiny raised garden bed has butternut squash and lots of papaya trees that must’ve been in the soil when I bought it. You might be able to see one butternut of about 3cm in length. There's another one with a flower still attached. One was rotten at the tip, unfortunately. Needless to say, I’m very excited about my crop. The strawberry plants, lemongrass, lime trees, and various seedlings are doing pretty well, too. I’m very fortunate to be living on the island of Koh Samui, Thailand. Kind regards Bronwyn

Hm... Now that I am looking at a good sized fruit, I can see something I didn't notice before. That actually looks like an Armenian Cucumber! If this is, in fact, the case... That thing is at the perfect size to be picked! Regarding the rotting end... This is a common symptom of magnesium, or calcium deficiency. You should apply dolomitic lime to the area to restore these minerals. It sounds like you are doing a good job with your crops. Enjoy the climate, because you are in the perfect area!

00
Here are more questions about Zucchini Plants