Zucchini Plants

Zucchini Plant Tilted

I have a pretty large zucchini plant growing in my southern Arkansas garden right now and this morning I went out to water and noticed it was tilted. All the leaves were still facing up, but they, along with the vines, had shifted tremendously. Problem was, I could see a bit of root on the other side. I tilted it back to where it was the day before, but now that the plant is settled back into its home, the leaves are turned straight to the east. Should I have just left it alone? Will this damage the plant or will the leaves follow the sun throughout the course of the day? Should I support the plant now and how?

The plant should right itself in a few days. The leaves will naturally turn towards the sun, no matter how it is moved. Covering the roots back up was the right thing to do, and the leaves will follow shortly.

00
Here are more questions about Zucchini Plants