Zoysia Grass

Zoysia Lawn Problem

I have a shade garden with small lawn of zoysia, about three years old. This spring the grass is apparently dying in areas where it was been green and lush until now. I've researched the various problems with this grass but can't find a similar condition. Grass seems sparse, thin, dying, and I found some toadstools in the bad areas. I questioned pythium blight, but am not sure. And I don't know what to do to keep it from spreading. Heat and humidity have been prevalent this spring and we may have been watering too frequently. I just don't know what to do about it now when it has looked so good in years past. I could send you a picture! Have any thoughts?

It sounds like a fungus, maybe brown patch but there are many others it could be. The toadstools, humidity and frequent watering are all indications of a fungus. First, allow the grass to dry out some as fungal spores thrive in moist conditions. Then treat the area with a fungicide. In choosing fungicides, you may need to select one targeted to the specific problem, as they work differently. That being said, conditions such as brown patch can be treated effectively with Banner, Daconil or Bayleton fungicide. For additional information, these articles may help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/specific/zoysia/zoysia-diseases-tips-for-dealing-with-zoysia-grass-problems.htm
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/lgen/grass-fungus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Zoysia Grass