Zoysia Grass

Zoysia Grass

I live in the New York (25 miles north of NYC). I believe my front yard grass is a mixture of "regular" grass and zoysia. The grass is typically "hay like" right now. I have raked one day only to come back two days later and have just as much to rake. It is a mix of green and beige right now. My question: is there anything I can do to make it look better? Should I use fertilizers? Should I just let it alone? How often should I mow it? Should I use some form of week control?

Unfortunately, this is standard for zoysia in cooler climates. There is nothing you can do to stop zoysia from going dormant and drying out in the winter. It will return to its lush green over the next month or so. In terms of care, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/lgen/tips-for-improving-the-lawn-and-reducing-maintenance.htm

00
Here are more questions about Zoysia Grass