Yucca Plants

Yucca Pruning

I pruned the flower top on my yucca plants last year. Since then, they have not grown at all. Will they ever re-flower? Will they ever grow more? I cut 3 inches above where the flower stem comes out of the top of the plant. These plants are about 6 feet tall. Also, my yuccas have 'sprouts' coming out of the middle of some trunks. These are growing very slowly. Are they ok like that? I like them.  Should one remove dead leaves from the trunk if they are dry and withered?

Yes, it will bloom again. Yuccas do not always bloom every year, so it may be skipping a year. It is fine to leave the growths. They will not harm the plant. Yes, you can remove the dead leaves. There is no reason for them to stay on the plant.

00
Here are more questions about Yucca Plants