Yucca Plants

Yucca Palm Plant

opa1147 added on July 20, 2011 | Answered

Above planted inside pool lanai. I am concerned as it is rooted right above my waterfall planter bed. Is this bad? Do roots grow down? Could they damage pool? It is growing fast. How tall will it grow? What are good plants to grow around a pool in a lanai with plant beds built right into pool deck?

Plant roots normally do not become harmful unless one of two things happen. The first is that they can't find enough water, but as this is a yucca, that is not likely to happen. The second is if the roots run out of room. Check periodically that the roots are not surfacing (a sure sign that they are out of room) and if this occurs, you may need to move the plant.

Anything tropical would be nice. I am partial to bird of paradise, brugmansias and elephant ears.

Here are more questions about Yucca Plants