Geranium Plants

Your Article on Overwintering Geraniums

Hi, can you help. I read lots of articles on this topic. None say to soak in water for 1 hr. per month. I plan to hang upside down in my basement. Also, should the plant be in a paper bag accept for the roots? And, finally, I would like to keep them this way until the last frost in spring. Will this work for me? My basement is about 55-65 degrees F. depending on how cold it is. I live in Ohio. Please respond quickly, as frost has already come but I have been putting cotton flannel over the plants at night and the sun in the day gets about 50 but will need to do it very soon now before it gets to below freezing. Thank you

Yes, pruning them back usually helps reduce shock from bringing it indoors. This article will provide additional information for overwintering these plants: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/flower/how-to-save-geraniums-over-the-winter.htm

00
Here are more questions about Geranium Plants