Birch Trees

Yellowing Leaves on a Silver Birch

Anonymous added on December 13, 2014 | Answered

I have six Silver Birch trees in a grove. Five are flourishing but the smallest has leaves which have turned yellow and are falling as though it was autumn. I am very concerned, as I do not wish to lose this tree. Can you please advise me what to do? The trees are approximately 6 years old.

When you have a group of plants, all planted the same time from the same place, and one of them is not doing as well as the others, most of the time is because that plant is simply not strong. You might think about the group of trees to see if you can find anything that's different for the yellowing one. The small one could be in shade a significant part of the day. Another thing that comes to mind is that for some reason the soil around that plant is negatively affected by something. You could have a soil test on the soil around that one plant, to see if anything is going on there, This article on yellowing leaves might be useful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/plant-leaves-turn-yellow.htm

00
Here are more questions about Birch Trees