Squash Plants

Yellow Squash

Every time my squash plant gets a yellow flower, something takes it during the night. The flower is cut off and missing. I have a 3ft high chicken wire fence around the garden. I've tried sprinkling Sevin powder and also urine around the ground thinking that maybe rabbits were getting in. We have two dogs in the yard so it can't be deer. What could be taking the flowers?

They are most likely not being eaten. This is typical behavior for a squash plant. They will produce mostly male (non-fruiting) blossoms early in the season and will gradually start to produce more female blossoms as the season progresses. The male blossoms typically drop from the plant and seemingly disappear. Give it some time and you will see it start fruiting.

00
Here are more questions about Squash Plants