Evergreens

Yellow Evergreen Trees

nbrnick1 added on September 15, 2017 | Answered

I am thinking about planting a few yellow evergreen trees along property line, I live 30 miles east of st louis which is zone 6 I believe, these would not be used for privacy or hedge but more for visual , they would also be used to partially block cold winter winds for other plants more sensitive to cold .These will also be near some overhead power lines. I am looking at three different types of trees ,Crippsii Hinoki Cypress , Louie Eastern White Pine, and Gold Ryder Leyland Cypress. I would appreciate any comments, advice , or suggestions of other trees that might work better. As I am approaching the senior category I would like something that would grow big enough to enjoy in my life time. Thanks Nick

DLarum

I personally am a huge fan of the hinoki false cypress and have them in my zone 4b landscape, where they do very well, though sometimes they get slightly nipped by late frosts in spring. In zone 6 they should do well. There are also some lovely varieties of large gold colored arborvitae that could be used, such as Jantar, Forever Goldie and Fire Chief.

00
Here are more questions about Evergreens