Cucumber Plants

Yellow Cucumbers?

ryanef added on July 31, 2012 | Answered

This is my second year gardening. I have a outdoor raised garden bed that runs deep. Last year I grew cucumbers and they turned out to be a great success. This year I'm finding that some are turning yellow soon into the fruiting stage. Some are doing just fine. What could the problem be and please tell me how I go about fixing such problem? *Current conditions* PH is 7. 0 Water frequent (every 2 days) No pests or bugs

Yellow is technically the "ripe" stage of cucumbers, though they don't taste very good and we pick them in the green stage for a tasty harvest.

When plants push their fruit into ripening early, this typically means that the plant is feeling stressed and is trying to get to the seed stage fast.

While you water every other day, I would check that the water is penetrating the soil well. You may need to water more deeply in order to get the water into the soil. Double check for pests again. Some can be quite small and crafty.

Here are more questions about Cucumber Plants