Philodendron Plants

Xanadu Philodendron

jowben1@aol.com added on October 23, 2017 | Answered

My plant is about 8 years old and healthy. It has grown over the pot, down to the ground, and started growing vertically again. My question is, can I cut The new vertical section, the horizontal piece, and leave the original "stump" to regrow ? It is in a large pot, with potting soil, and grown outside in a protected enclosed porch with a screened roof. Will the original stump grow new leaves ? (It would have none).The other 2 sections are fully leaved, and the stems are about 1" in diameter. I would use a rooting hormone. Thanks for any advice. jowben1@aol.com

It would not hurt anything to cut them back. I believe it can benefit from this if it is overgrown. Here is an article for more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/philodendron/pruning-philodendron-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Philodendron Plants