Plant Recommendations

Woodland Gardens

Len_phyllis added on October 7, 2016 | Answered

We have a very small front garden. We have planted birch trees, holly and viburnum in this area, made a pathway so we can enjoy walking through the bluebells, lots of them, when they flower. I'm at a loss as to what to plant for summer though, to create interest in this area. I do have a few hosta there. They will help fill the area, but I don't want anything which will inhibit the bluebells. I am from Wales and have in my mind the glorious bluebell woodlands, but I guess we didn't go to the woodlands in the summer, so need some advice please. Thank you Phyllis

It sounds like your garden may have a lot of shade during summer, so look into shade-tolerant plants. In this list you can find many that flower in summer, like foxglove and Siberian iris, and some of the annuals.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/shade/shade-tolerant-flowers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations