Wisteria Vines

Wisteria Dying

DuKara added on June 1, 2014 | Answered

I have an old wisteria. It's originally from a vine my grandparents had. It thrived when I lived in Perth, WA but I've moved to Broome and it's not coping well. It's in the sun. I've tried watering and not watering. The leaves have all dried up and the bloom it had died. Moved here in February. It had a 4 day truck ride here but was ok until few wks ago. Is there an insect that lives in the Kimberley that eats it? Thank you.

If I'm not mistaken, it's quite a bit warmer in Broome than in Perth, right? It sounds like your wisteria is feeling the effect of that warmer sun. Perhaps you could find a place to put it where it would be shaded somewhat from the midday sun. You can contact the nearest botanical garden for help in finding a master gardener to advise you.

00
Here are more questions about Wisteria Vines