Container Hibiscus Plants

Wintering Hibiscus

lmcoons added on October 22, 2017 | Answered

Can you give me very specific information on bringing in my hibiscus? I live in northern Maryland. I will check for insects and prune just a little. Once indoors, and over the winter, what's the best care? Will most of the leaves fall off? Do I just let it lay dormat and leave it completely along except for occasional watering? I don't fertilize it, do I? And, finally, when do I start to gradually bring them out?

This article will explain what you need to know. The only thing it doesn't explain is pruning. If you can, wait until right before you start bringing it back out, once the temps remain in the 50's. Here is the article: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/wintering-hibiscus-indoors-winter-care-for-hibiscus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants