Brugmansias

Wintering Brugmansias

I live in Zone 7-8. My brugmansias were outside on my deck. They were dropping their leaves which had yellowed. I went to cut them back and take them into the garage to winter over and found out they were trying to bloom. I brought them into the screened porch where the buds are growing and I have one flower almost 6 inches long. They, however, are still dropping their leaves and there is not very much light where they are. Should I let them bloom, or cut them back and wait till next year? Any help would be appreciated.

I would go ahead and put them into dormancy. They do tend to try for a last flowering right at this time, so this is not unusual, but they will be happier in the long run if you just cut them back and let the leaves drop.

00
Here are more questions about Brugmansias