Lantana Plants

Wintering a Lantana in Zone 4

Marlene.schaller added on September 11, 2017 | Answered

Is there a way to winter a lantana tree in Minnesota? Also I have three pots I would like to try and winter. Any suggestions?

I recommend bringing them indoors, or taking cuttings to bring indoors. These plants will not survive the winter in your area. Taking cuttings will ensure that you keep the plant alive, along with giving the plant supplemental lighting indoors. Using a sharp knife, cut about 3 or 4 inches off of the tip of each branch. Make a solution of honey, an aspirin tab,and warm water. Put these tips into some moist soil (not wet or dry but in between) and pour the mixture into the soil. This will promote rooting. Here is another article that will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/lantana/how-to-propagate-lantana.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lantana Plants