Hibiscus Plants

Winter Care for Hibiscus

I am from West Michigan and I bought this hibiscus tree (approximately 1. 5 feet tall) on clearance the end of this summer. I'm not positive what kind, but tropical for sure. I've tried to research exactly what we should do with it over winter, and I haven't come across definitive answers. Please help! This is my first year as a homeowner and gardener. We sort of got way ahead of ourselves and didn't realize all these plants have such 'requirements', but even with clearance sales, we still spent tons of money and don't want them to die by next summer. Any help would be appreciated.

This article will help you with keeping it over the winter: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/wintering-hibiscus-indoors-winter-care-for-hibiscus.htm

It is rather easy. My mother in law keeps hers every winter and it looks gorgeous all summer long.

Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants