Blueberry Bushes

Winter Care for Blueberry Bush

I have a pollinated blueberry bush in a pot on my deck. Should I bring it in for the winter? Leave it out and cover it? If I keep it in the sun, will I get blueberries all winter? Any special food for it?

Generally, you want at least 1 plant of 2 different varieties for best pollination. It's not absolutely necessary though, if you'll be happy with a handful or two of berries. And there are some varieties that do well without another plant nearby.

As far as caring for it during the winter, you need to keep it in an unheated garage with just a bit of watering and it doesn't need light. You want to keep it as cold as possible without freezing. If there is likelihood of freezing temperatures, just simply cover the plant with an overturned box. These plants go dormant in winter, so do not expect any fruiting.

Once spring returns, you can give it a dose of fertilizer. This article will help you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/blueberries/blueberry-fertilizer.htm

00
Here are more questions about Blueberry Bushes