Container Yucca Plants

Winter Care for a Yucca Plant

I purchased a really healthy yucca plant this past summer. It has three shoots coming off it and we loved it over by our pool. We have a rock area and some palm grasses there as well. I just assumed that it was unable to go in the ground and make it through the winter. I was planning a spot for it in the house, but my husband said he thinks they can be planted in the ground and will be fine. We live on Long Island. Could you advise us as to planting it or should we bring it in until spring time? I also have a 3 year old tropical Hibiscus I bring in and it has gotten rather large too. What is the proper way to care for that as well?

Whether it can survive outside or not really depends on the variety. Do you know the variety? We could tell you if it was cold hardy, if you let us know.

This article will help you with the hibiscus:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/wintering-hibiscus-indoors-winter-care-for-hibiscus.htm

I typically cut mine back by 1/3 when I bring it in to make it more manageable indoors.

00
Here are more questions about Container Yucca Plants