Viburnum Shrubs

Wind Damage to a Nature Viburnham

maggie.mardell@icloud.com added on April 5, 2018 | Answered

Several nature shrubs in my garden have been badly hit by the recent very cold winds. I have a Viburnham approx 8ft tall which now has completely brown shrivelled leaves from vase of the stem to the tips. I want to reduce the height, can I safely prune hard to above a griwth point on the old wood?

You can safely prune up to one third of the shrub each year if you wanted to. Now would be the time to do so, or really anytime after they are done flowering, or slowing growth for the season. They will recover. In my area, we receive hard freezes for a lot of the winter, and these shrubs never fail to come back just as nice each year.

This article will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/viburnum/viburnum-pruning.htm

00
Here are more questions about Viburnum Shrubs