Cherokee Purple Tomato

Wilting Tomatoes

I have 2 earthboxes, seemimg overnight one of my Tomato plants looked like it was starting to die. It's a Cherokee Purple planted in a box with an Heirloom that is doing well. Box is set up per directions and watered properly. It looks starved for water. It's about 2 foot above the box, very bushy and I thought looking great. Should I remove the black covering and feed it some water from the top? My other concern is that it is 24" from a flower pot that I have 3 sunflowers in. I read on your website that sunflowers somehow damage tomato plants. The sunflowers are only 15" tall and haven't flowered yet.

There are many reasons a tomato plant can wilt. This article will help you pinpoint the cause of your wilting plant: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/wilting-tomato-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cherokee Purple Tomato