Insect Pest Control

Will Termite Control Affect My Organic Garden?

We have subterranian termites and have been told the only way to treat them is by drilling holes around our house foundation and pouring in either I MAXX or Premise 75. Both are considered "safer" insecticides, but my concern is how it will affect my vegetable garden, which is in raised beds approx. 10 feet from the house. 1) Will the roots soak up this chemical into our food? 2) Even if it's in the soil, will it kill the beneficial bees, etc. who pollinate? I am unable to get answers! Of course, the salesmen assure us that everything will be just fine. I can't find any real info online. Any suggestions? Do you know of a government website that might have answers as to which one is less toxic? Or a reliable authority who isn't trying to sell a product and might have some suggestions? Orange Oil will not work for this kind of termite. Thank you for considering my question. I am an organic gardener who raises, eats and gives away many veggies each year. I don't want to poison my family, friends or any of the beneficial little critters who frequent my garden!

Generally refrred to as rodding, this is the safest method and becuase of its depth should not affect your garden unless the drilling was right on top of the spot itself. Sicne you have raised beds, this further protects your garden from any toxicity.

Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control