Zoysia Grass

Will My Zoysia Lawn Recover?

KC added on May 3, 2011 | Answered

I de-thached my zoysia lawn with a lawn rake March 1st of this year and now it looks really bad. For the most part it is very bare with very few thick spots. Will it recover, and if so, how long will it take to get thick like it once was? Last year I kept it cut at a height of 3-4 inches and it was like a piece of carpet. . .the envy of the neighborhood.

If you live in a cooler climate area, this can happen. It will recover in a few weeks as the weather warms. Many parts of the country are experiencing cooler than expected weather and this delays the greening of zoysia grass.

But, it could be a fungus as well. This article will outline the most common fungus:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/lgen/grass-fungus.htm

Fungus normally appear in a patterned shape (spots, circles, etc). If you are seeing a pattern to your thin yard, it is definitely a fungus.

00
Here are more questions about Zoysia Grass