Willow Trees

Will My Willow Tree Survive Severe Pruning

Rosi added on April 17, 2017 | Answered

My weeping willow tree has come out of the ground several times in the last year, with last week being the most recent. Today my lawn caretaker cut the tree back till there are no leaves on the tree. Is the tree going to die? It has been planted in my front yard for over 9 years, and I don't really want it to die.

Not to worry, weeping willows can tolerate severe pruning much better than most other trees. Your lawn caretaker was probably trying to enhance the weeping effect of the tree. The tree will most likely grow back next year.

This type of treatment will also reduce the mature size of the tree, so let the caretaker know if you want it to be allowed to grow larger.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/willow/how-to-prune-willow-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Willow Trees