Lemon Trees

Growing Lemon Trees

Will my lemon trees grow well and what size of container should I opt for? I live in tropical climate. I have planted some lemon trees in containers, they're 3 year old now. I have no idea about gardening and just planted the seeds of a lemon in hope to grow lemon tree. I don't know if lemon trees can grow well in my climate :( Should I keep the trees inside the house away from sun? It gets pretty hot and sunny here in summers. Right now the container is small, about 12" diameter pot. I'm planning on changing the container soon, so please recommend a size. Will a 20" diameter pot be good? Also, how often should I water them in a day? I am trying to buy a farm and will be planting them in farm, hopefully. Please guide me to keep my lemon trees. I have developed an attachment to them.

Lemons do grow well in the tropics. They love to be in bright light so they don't need shade or to be brought indoors. Lemons should be watered deeply but not overly frequently; it is okay to let the soil get almost dry between waterings but don't let the leaves start to droop. Yes, moving up to a 20" pot when the tree outgrows its current pot is a good idea.

Here is some information about repotting container plants:

And some information about lemons:

As for growing citrus on a larger scale (on a farm) there is plenty of information available from university websites. Here is an example:

Here are more questions about Lemon Trees