Ice Plants

Why Won’t My Ice Plant Bloom?

I have a very healthy Ice Plant in my garden. It survived its first winter and is now growing beyond measure! But I didn't get a single flower last summer. And in our area I've already seen other plants of the same type with flowers but mine just keeps growing and growing without producing any flowers. What can I do?

Are they in a full sun location? My research indicates they may not be inclined to bloom if they are not in full sun.

Also, it may be too soon to tell. Some ice plant varieties do not bloom until early summer.

Although ice plants require little to no fertilizer, you could try to lightly fertilize it with half-strength liquid fertilizer.

For more information on ice plants, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/ice-plant/growing-hardy-ice-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Ice Plants