Why Won’t My Homerun Bloom?

Drn1019 added on October 10, 2015 | Answered

My Homerun has been in the bed for 3 years but has never had more than 1 bloom in each of those years. The bush is in good sun, good dirt and fertilized and wanted as suggested. Its tiny growth tips are all dried and dead and I don't know why. It's in the same bed with other roses that are doing well. None of the other roses (Julia Child and others) are having this problem so don't think it's insects. Only on Homerun. I can't figure out what to do. Can you help? Has anyone else had this problem? Diane Nystrom

I have not had any problems with my Homerun rosebushes. I just got Watercolors Homerun and she has been in bloom all season. The ends being dried up does sound like thrip or midge problems but you are right that this should effect other rosebushes as well. Is there a chance that some reflected sunshine is hitting this bush and causing a magnifying glass burning effect upon that bush? Here is a link to an article about why roses do not bloom for you as well: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/roses/no-blooms-on-roses.htm

00