Brown Turkey Fig Trees

Why No Fruit After Three Years on My Fig Tree?

ranger added on July 22, 2011 | Answered

The first year tree had fruit. Covered tree for winter, and in spring lost a good part of the tree. I pruned tree and let it bloom without figs. This year the tree is producing foliage but no figs. This tree is a Mission type. Then purchased a Brown Turkey, which had 4 figs on it. After they ripened, I picked them and do not see any more blooms.

This can happen for a number of reasons. Because you are seeing it on two different trees that were producing before you , I am apt to think it may be frost that is causing the problem. Light frost will kill the blossoms but not the leaves. I would keep it covered lightly, at least at night, later into the spring until all danger of frost is gone.

Also, try giving them a little bone meal. This will give them some phosphorous which will help increase blooming.

00
Here are more questions about Brown Turkey Fig Trees