Lacecap Hydrangeas

Why My Hydrangea Won’t Bloom

I have read your article and done every thing you mentioned: pruned at the right time, added fertiliser and bone meal when I moved it this year, due to re-landscaping. (it's a lacecap species). It used to be in a pot and bloomed well, but I decided to plant it in the ground a few years ago and the first year it bloomed. It is now in its second year of not blooming. The leaves look lovely and healthy. What am I doing wrong? I have read used coffee granules will do the trick. Is that true? Your help will be much appreciated.

Have you had the soil tested? This would help provide insight into what, if anything, is missing in your soil as well as the current pH (hydrangeas are acid lovers, so coffee grounds mixed in the soil won't hurt).

Here are more questions about Lacecap Hydrangeas