Coconut Palm Trees

Why Won’t Coconut Plant Produce Mature Fruit

Why doesn't my coconut plant produce mature fruit? I have full grown coconut tree nearly 8 years old. Although it gives flowers and does fruit some, when it reaches walnut size it becomes brown. I have put all the fertilizers, like cow manure [old] fish food and salt - whatever the nursery people say, but still no success. Please help me. We eat fruit and drink water and make dishes from the milk.

This sounds like an issue with pollination. Where is this tree grown - indoors or outside? If inside, you should move it outdoors to make the tree more accessible to pollinating insects and wind, which is its normal means of pollination, or you could try to mimic the wind by placing a small fan nearby (on low setting) to move pollen within the tree. If the tree is grown outdoors, you may need to try hand pollinating. Just use a small paint brush and swirl it around the inside of the flower and repeat on all the flowers on the plant.

00
Here are more questions about Coconut Palm Trees