Yucca Plants

Why Isn’t My Yucca Stem Growing Back

jmkool860 added on June 8, 2014 | Answered

I bought a green yucca from a florist last spring. I have it in the ground. They cut the stem and it hasn't grown back since last spring. Will it grow back?

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Did you buy a yucca in a pot, and you took it out of the pot and planted it in the ground? When you say they cut the stem, do you mean the flower stem, or the stem with green leaves? Yuccas flower once a year, so it will take awhile for yours to flower again. If it was the green leaves that were cut, the plant should start growing again after it's established some roots. Here's an article that tells you some things about yucca: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/yucca/caring-for-and-landscaping-with-yuccas-outdoors.htm

00
Here are more questions about Yucca Plants