Houseplant Problems

Why Is My Plant Dying?

Simona added on September 7, 2016 | Answered

I just bought this plant for my home 6 days ago and it is already dying. It did not come with a name tag but after some research I suspect it to be an Areca Palm. I am desperate because it was quite expensive and I feel like it is a lost cause. All the flowers or plants that I get die eventually. :( The problem with this one is that the bottom leaves get brown/yellow, dry and die. One leaf died completely green though. It just shrunk and dried. The top ones get dry edges. All these would be signs of underwatering, right? But I watered it well 3 days ago and I just did it again now! I saw that at the shop it was staying on a plate full of water (even though it is not recommended?) I don't know what to do. Am I under watering or over watering it? I will attach some pictures... Please help me! :( Best regards, Simona

Your plant may be adjusting to the change in environment and lighting change.
This article will help refresh you on the care requirements.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/areca-palm/growing-areca-palm-indoors.htm

00
Here are more questions about Houseplant Problems