Kiwi Vines

Why Is My Male Kiwi Dying?

My male kiwi is not showing any new growth, unlike the female which is growing vigorously and blooming. The leaves on the male are droopy and the bark at the base of the vine is peeling. We did have a late cold snap that caused both the male and female to drop their leaves, but they both leafed out again. They were planted 4 years ago.

Although there are many possible answers to the question, why is my plant dying, and you need to be something of a detective to investigate the possible reasons, from the info you give, my guess would be the cold has something to do with it. Possibly the male is a less cold-tolerant variety than the female; or possible it is in a slightly different spot that had just a tiny bit more cold; or possibly it was stress from other factors, and just couldn't withstand the cold snap. I suggest giving it a bit more time to recover. Perhaps this article has some information you can use: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/kiwi/growing-hardy-kiwi-vine.htm

00
Here are more questions about Kiwi Vines