Amaryllis Plants

Why Don’t My Amaryllis Multiply

dianne added on April 4, 2012 | Answered

Bulbs are huge and top of bulb is above ground and they blossom but no babies.

The location she has them in may just be too nice. :) Yours may be in a spot that is just a little less "ideal", which is perfect for them as they also tend to have more and bigger blooms when under a little stress. A little stress makes these plants better. When you grow them indoors, it is actually recommended that you keep them root bound to keep them slightly stressed.

It is hard to say what exactly makes her spot less stressful than the spot yours are in - it could be several different things such as sunlight, nutrients soil compaction, etc.. If she fertilizes, then she might what to hold off on doing that for the amaryllis for a season or so to encourage bulblets if she is looking for more bulbs.

00

Amaryllis normally like to be in a little stress before they will produce bulbletts. Many people will lightly score the bottom of the bulb to encourage them to reproduce.

00
dianne

these are my sisters,I gave them to her,but mine have about 25-30 bulbs per hill but hers has 1 big bulb thats all .I never do anything to mine and they multiply every year

00
Here are more questions about Amaryllis Plants