Lobelia Plants

Why Did My Cardinal Plant Wilt?

robinholly added on July 26, 2015 | Answered

I had a Cardinal plant last year that did not survive winter. Last week I found a newbie that popped up an inch from the main trunk of a wax myrtle about 30 feet away. I removed it carefully and planted it in a better location with room to grow. I staked it and watered well. Within the hour it wilted and has not recovered. This was 3 days ago. It is not brown or dead looking but severely wilted. Will it survive or is it a goner? I love these and want to try growing them for our hummers. Thank you!

You may have had better luck transplanting into a pot to nurture through the transplant shock and the warm summer temperatures.

Continue to water and wait and see is the best approach.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/cardinal-flower/growing-cardinal-flowers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lobelia Plants