Canna Lilies

Why Aren’t My Canna Lilies Blooming

RMikeJ added on June 11, 2012 | Answered

I have several canna lilies planted in pots in my flower garden. They make beautiful leaves, but there is not a hint of flowering. They are in full morning and early afternoon sun, late afternoon they are in partial shade.

A lot of times, plants won't bloom the first year they're planted. It takes a lot of energy to put out a bloom and plants will most likely focus on reproducing themselves through the roots before they bloom. Insufficient sun and water, poor soil, and overcrowding can also prevent the Canna from blooming. One other possibility, if none of these fit your situation, is a lack of phosphorus, which is responsible for blooming. This can easily be remedied by adding a "bloom booster" fertilizer or some bone meal to the soil.

00
Here are more questions about Canna Lilies