Hibiscus Plants

Leaves on My Hibiscus Tree Turning Yellow

GardeningVixen added on July 13, 2011 | Answered

Why are the leaves on my hibiscus tree turning yellow? My hibiscus doesn't appear to have an insect problem, and I have not yet fertilized it, so over fertilization isn't the problem. It receives full sun and adequate water. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and for the most part, we have been having very warm weather (80's-90's) during the day and cool evenings. Is it possible that spraying the leaves and watering with cold hose water could be the cause of yellowing leaves? GardeningVixen

There are several reasons this can happen. This article explains many of them and will help you decide which is likely for your plant: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/answers-to-what-causes-hibiscus-leaves-turning-yellow.htm

Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants