Clematis Plants

Clematis and Hydrangeas Getting Dark Brown Leaves

kgreen added on August 3, 2015 | Answered

Why are my clematis plants and hydrangeas getting dark brown leaves that start from the bottom of the plant and work its way upward? Most leaves start browning at the edges and continue spreading until the entire leaf is brown and dried up. This disease spreads quickly, killing the whole plant. I cut down the clematis to right above the ground and used more poles and a trellis to let it spread out more. I also watered once a week. It is growing back quickly but I have already noticed the browning of the leaves near the bottom of the plant again. Please help. Thanks much!

It sounds like you have clematis wilt. Here is an article on clematis wilt that will help you:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/clematis/clematis-wilt-treatment.htm

Happy gardening!

00
Here are more questions about Clematis Plants